Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's 5:00 somewhere



Or as my mother used to call it: "Post Time", which for you young 'uns means the designated starting time of a horse race; and that is also a good time for a cocktail.




Maybe because every now and then the weather has reminded us that winter won’t last forever or because it is too easy to suck down all kinds of alcohol a little too quickly, NK and I have been adding soda water to our evening libations, creating a refreshing cocktail that, for some reason, makes me think of wearing sweater sets, Jack Rogers sandals and dining on the patio. And I don’t even wear sweater sets.




Our consumption of seltzer water has risen considerably. So rather than lug home 100 pounds of brand new petroleum based bottles filled with simply made bubbled water each week, we are now making our own (Thanks LO for turning us on to the brand).



The SodaStream may not really improve on the classic but it certainly seems easier than trying to locate the Co2 cartridges that I know would have proved lethal in my hands. Unfortunately the SodaStream is made of plastic. It would be nicer if seltzer maker were made of brushed steel but then it would have been too expensive and I'd have been more tempted to continue to lug home the 100 pounds of bottles each week (or rather ask NK to do the lugging).


And BTW, I do wear Jack Rogers sandals.




Feature: The Classics

No comments:

Post a Comment