Monday, March 7, 2011

Don't make me start shopping...


Today's product design post is dedicated to museum shops. While you can shop in person or online at most musuem shops, there is one store, that only has an online component.

I receive a daily email from designboom, a publication that devotes itself to searching out all things design. I know DB doesn't fall into the category of museum but I can say that their collection is at least curated, by what criteria, I have no idea, but surely some choices are made.

The sale of featured objects may have been going on for awhile but yesterday was the first time I noticed it. Go to the designboom shop and take a look around.







I don't think they really have it together as a retail shop. (For instance where is that pen that draws a straight line?) But hey, it's a start.

go here for the palette coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment