Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Boarding Pass

















I've been on the fence about luxury brands getting into the skate and surf business.It seems counter intuitive that a culture so anti-establishment would pair up with something so establishment. I can see why Chanel, Celine and Marc Jacobs would want to add street cred to their brands but why would skateboard makers want to sleep with these people? (well they are kinda' sexy.)





But then I understood when my dogwalker AV and her husband, skateboard maker, BP; parents of 2 yr. old twins told me that Marc Jacobs approached them about possibly doing decks for them. Aha. Hope it happens. Go Earthwing!


(yet i do have to wonder if the people who can afford a $300+ skateboard will actually ever use it)


This just in: Earthwing skateboard on the Glee season finale. Soon to be seen in the upcoming Spiderman movie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've got a skateboard Chanel Paris that I bought in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, at a store called Gearys, Gorgeous and detailed! If anyone interested let me know!

    ReplyDelete