Monday, February 21, 2011

MoMa, you make me feel so butch



Now, I like a good tool just as much as any girl. Who doesn’t? But I guess the MoMa Design Store thinks I shouldn’t.




I just bought the super cool Protocol. It’s a multi-tool, sort of like a swiss army knife but on steroids. It comes with a hammer, adjustable wrench, pliers, wire cutter, file, blades, and a screwdriver with a twelve-piece bit set. I bought 2, one for me and one for NK. I will probably buy more for gifts. By the way, it is pretty hefty so not quite pocketbook size, which is what I was hoping.

But here’s the kicker. MoMa advertised it "For Him"


A little explanation… I am writing this pre-Valentine’s day and posting it later. I am sure this was just a gift suggestion. But seriously, really? That is simply NO EXCUSE.

I would have loved that as a Valentine's day present.

MoMa, you should be embarrassed.

Feature: Product Promotion

2 comments:

  1. My dad gave one to me for Christmas and I think it's awesome! (I'm a woman.) I was googling it just now, though, because I find it really hard to get the bits back out of the top of the hammer. Know any tricks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right, the magnet is really strong. i just used needle-nose pliers to get the bit out. crazy that you need another tool to make this tool work.

      Delete