Monday, May 21, 2012

Is Anybody Out There?


I see that my last post was in July of 2011. That was just before my deep descent into thesis land started. After all the flailing, near downing, and gasping for air, I have finally surfaced with my MFA in Design Criticism from the School of Visual Arts firmly clutched in my grubby little fingers. It doesn't mean I get to be snarky about ugly things and gush over cool things. It means I can analyze and evaluate design through a lens that is social, cultural, and historic. It means I can peel back layers and look at the implications of the things we make, from single objects to embedded cultural beliefs. I have learned to look harder. I have a new set of tools to use now. Of course, I will still go after ugly things but with better reason. Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment